Sunday, May 9, 2010

UNDER THY EYELIDS

It was no lunar neither solar eclipse

But you and I eclipse sprung from our lips

As we both got absorbed in that kiss

O! That kiss that let our hands hold the keys

Heaven’s keys unlocking glorious joy in our souls

In an explosion of happiness that seemed false

Yet flawlessly flows into the ocean of truth

Time has only gone to prove, our love’s true

Can I remind you of the golden ribbon?

The one you said makes you feel reborn

Reborn in love, the all enduring season

Across the seven seas yet on a new sea zone

I remember the jokes that oiled our friction

Making us spoilt with laughter addiction

I stole you from the face of the earth

And hid you in my deepest heart of hearts

On the floor, on the wall, the ceiling, the door

I’ve written the name of the one I adore

With the alluring indelible ink of love

And, how dear, I wish to be a duck

I’d wade in your waters forth and back

Looking to nothing else but being hit

By the rhythmic waves of your affection

If I’d cease…I’d love to live under your eyelids

So you could see but me when thy eyes close in prayer

Every time you’re nearby, my sorrows bid goodbye

Though avid swimmers before, they see you n drown

In the turbulence of your charm, they all drown

Vanishing like in the Bermuda, in the heat of your love.

My heart you melt away like butter,

At the frying pan of your angelic gaze

Pssst!!I can hear whispers of flattery accusations

But I wonder, darling, how else can I?

Can I pour out my deepest emotions for YOU

Without them succumbing to poetic gravity

How can I ride the horse of our love

Without it neighing sweet melodies?

How can I walk on the floor of romance

Without my feet gathering amorous leaves?

Neither I’m I to engage in oratory platitude

But just defy Geography and redefine altitude

You and I: the highest point above sea level

Copyright Ngatia.T.Titus

1 comment: